We have created a contest for East Vancouver High School Students. Please see below for all the details. Good luck!
Essay Contest: The Power of Youth to Create a Better Canada
Libby Davies, Member of Parliament for Vancouver East
The contest begins June 1st, 2014 and ends on Friday, December 12th, 2014, at PST 4 pm.
– This essay contest is organized to gather the energy, imagination and initiative of East Vancouver youth; to inspire
and to hear from youth in our community about how each of us can make a difference in Canada.
– The essay should be between 500 to 750-word on the following topic: “The Power of Youth to Create a Better
– This contest is open to all youth, who at the time of contest entry, are enrolled in an East Vancouver high school in
Grade 8 to 12.
– Entrants must live in the electoral riding of Vancouver East or study in one of these 3 East Vancouver high schools:
Britannia Secondary School; Templeton Secondary School and Vancouver Technical Secondary School. To find
out if you are in the electoral riding of Vancouver East, please enter your postal code on the attached link:
HOW TO ENTER
– Please fill in a registration form, and attach essay to the registration form but DO NOT put your name or any
identifiers on the essay.
– For clarity and legibility purposes, essays must be typed.
– There is no limit to the number of essays per person.
– The submitted essay must be original, never have been published, or selected as a winner in another contest.
– Essay must be written by one person; co-authored essays are not accepted.
– Essays become the sole property of the Sponsor, who shall have the right to publish, display, reproduce, modify,
edit or otherwise use the essay in whole or part for advertising or promoting the contest or for any other reason.
– Essays may be submitted online to firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail (postage free). Please see
registration form for mailing address.
The following awards will be presented:
– 1st prize: Certificate and gift set, including a “Lunch with Libby for 2”
– 2nd prize: Parliamentary Souvenir
– 3rd prize: Parliamentary Souvenir
– All entrants will receive a Certificate of Participation and a Souvenir.
SELECTION OF PRIZE WINNERS
Each essay will be judged by a panel of independent Judges who will be appointed by the Sponsor.
Contest winners will be notified by mail and / or email. The presentation ceremony will be held in the Spring of 2015.
Details of the presentation ceremony will be announced later.